Education and Human Services Advising Office

College Advising Office (ESSC) - FAQ

I want to switch advisors. What do I do?
Identify a new faculty advisor with whom you would like to work. Then, pick up a “Change of Advisor” form in the Education Advising Office, JH 170. Fill out the form and ask you new advisor to approve and sign it. Return the form to the Education Advising Office.

How do I change my program?
Complete a “Change of Program” form, and meet with an academic advisor in JH 170 to obtain your new official checklist and discuss requirements.

I'm new to the program. When will I be assigned a faculty advisor?
After being admitted to an Education program, students are assigned a faculty advisor. Faculty advisor assignments are emailed to each student.

How can I find out about the status of my licensure application?
Application status may be checked on the ODE website. Use the search option to access Educator Profile.

I'll be teaching in a state other than Ohio. How do I get licensed in the other state?
You will need to contact the Department of Education in that state.
Information about Certification of Teachers under the Interstate Agreement on Qualification of Educational Personnel and web links to participating states are available at ODE’s “Licensure Information for Out-of-State Candidates.”

I've changed my name/address. Who should I notify?
Update your address in your CampusNet account. Visit the Campus411 webpage for instructions on changing your name or identifying a preferred name.