Course Credit: 4 Contact Hours
Session Dates: Monday, April 3 and Wednesday, April 5, 2023 | 1:00 - 3:00 pm each day.
Location/Venue: This workshop will be held online via Zoom.
Course Fee: $120
Payment Methods: Major credit cards, corporate checks, and staff development funds welcome. Read more. »
Note: The first 20 people to register will receive a 50% ($60) scholarship courtesy of the Wenk Family Charitable Foundation.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING TO ENROLL FOR THIS WORKSHOP:
1. To begin the registration process, please complete the Deciphering Budgets Participant Portfolio form. Please note that in addition to this form you will need to register and submit payment. Alexandra Higl-Timms will be in touch with additional instructions about how to complete registration using CSU's Learning Stream website.
2. Wait to be contacted by Alexandra Higl-Timms (email@example.com). She will let you know if you are eligible for the 50% scholarship.
Have you ever looked at a budget report and thought you were seeing ancient Egyptian? Have you ever been asked to submit a budget request and had absolutely no idea where to begin? This workshop can help shed light on the mystery of budgets. Not only will you learn how to decipher a budget report and gain insight into the budget process. You will also receive tips on how to not only create a budget, but how to best advocate for your program or department.
This workshop is part of the Women's Leadership Series: Women Empowering Women. The series was launched in October of 2018 to engage and empower public & nonprofit sector leaders throughout Northeast Ohio, while promoting the concept of gender representation at all levels of leadership. The theme – “Women Empowering Women” – hones in on the notion that women should support, empower, and mentor one another. The series’ programming is strategically designed to capitalize on this theme of empowerment within sectors where political pressures are at play, resources remain tight, and the competition to rise to executive leadership endures.
Jenn Pae is a seasoned municipal finance director with most recently 14 years as the Finance Director / CFO of the City of Lakewood, OH, as well as Fiscal Officer of the Village of Hunting Valley, OH, the Finance Director of Seward, AK and the Director of Finance at Geauga Park District. She has Bachelor of Arts from the University of Notre Dame, and Master of Public Administration from Cleveland State University. While at the City of Lakewood, the Finance Department was the recipient of the Auditor of State Award with Distinction. She has served on numerous boards including being a founder of a non-profit supporting organizations within the Kibera area of Nairobi, Kenya.
Course Fee & Payment Methods
Tuition for this workshop is $120.
- 50% scholarships are available for the first 20 participants who register. Scholarships are funded by the Wenk Family Charitable Foundation.
- Participants must attend both sessions.
- To register and pay for this workshop complete the Deciphering Budgets Participant Portfolio form. Please note that in addition to this form you will need to register and submit payment. Alexandra Higl-Timms will be in touch with additional instructions about how to complete registration using CSU's Learning Stream website.
- Major credit cards accepted.
- If you prefer to receive an invoice and pay via corporate check contact Nina Antonik (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you are a CSU employee, you may be able to use faculty/staff development funds to pay for this workshop. Continuing Education Staff Development forms can be obtained from the CSU Human Resources Benefits Form page. Please send a copy of the completed form to Nina Antonik (UR 335, Levin College of Urban Affairs | email@example.com).
Refund to original payment is made at 100% when a registrant cancels attendance at least two business-days prior to the start of the first class. Alternatively, the registrant can choose to transfer paid tuition to a later, equivalent course of their choosing within the same college or school at no additional cost when giving a two business-day cancellation notice. Requests must be submitted to Nina Antonik (firstname.lastname@example.org). Click here for more information about Cleveland State Univerisity's refund policy.
Cleveland State University reserves the right to cancel a workshop and refund the workshop fee in the event that there are an insufficient number of registrants.
If you have general questions about this workshop please contact Alexandra E Higl-Timms (email@example.com). For questions about workshop registration and payment contact Nina Antonik (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Levin College of Public Affairs and Education offers a wide range of custom designed courses, workshops, and seminars. See the Professional Development Course Listing for this semester's schedule.