Course Credit: 4 Contact Hours
Session Dates: Monday, September 12, 2022 & Wednesday, September 14, 2022 | 1- 3 pm each day
Location/Venue: This workshop will be held online via Zoom.
Course Fee: $120
Payment Methods: Major credit cards, corporate checks, and staff development funds welcome. Read more. »
- The first 20 people to register will receive a 50% ($60) scholarship courtesy of the Wenk Family Charitable Foundation.
- Limited 100% scholarships are available to Maxine Goodman Levin School of Urban Affairs students courtesy of the College’s Women’s Fund. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING TO ENROLL FOR THIS WORKSHOP:
1. To begin the registration process, please complete the Developing Social Capital for Women in Leadership portfolio form. Please note that in addition to this form you will need to register and submit payment. Alexandra Higl-Timms will be in touch with additional instructions about how to complete registration using CSU's Learning Stream website.
2. Wait to be contacted by Alexandra Higl-Timms (firstname.lastname@example.org). She will let you know if you are eligible for the 50% scholarship.
Instructed by Claire A. Scott Miller (M.Ed, BCC), Board Certified Coach and President of C. Scott Miller & Associates
Learning to leverage social capital is vital to one’s success as a leader. Plus, relationships – the human connection – makes work more enjoyable and fulfilling. Social capital includes interpersonal relationships that yield valued resources and connections, such as networks, mentors, and alliances. This interactive program includes assessment, small group activities and discussion, skill development, and networking.
- Knowing what social capital is: Creating and sustaining valued resources and connections for mutual gain
- Developing your networks (task, career and social)
- Knowing the 4 Relationship Keys
- The power of mentoring
- Developing your “Personal Board of Advisors”
- Tips to develop/deepen relationships/networks virtually
As a result of attending this seminar, participants will:
- Understand and be strategic about the power of relationships
- Be strategic about building more effective relationships
- Know how to seek out mentors and also how to be a mentor
- Have their own “Personal Board of Advisors”
- Be able to apply the Five Relationship Keys
- Appreciate the power of connection
Claire Scott Miller (M.Ed, BCC) is a board certified coach and president of C. Scott Miller & Associates. Claire was selected to develop a three-day women’s leadership course that was successfully presented to government agencies throughout the southeastern United States. In addition, she was a featured speaker at national and state programs on women and their career development, a presenter at the US Office of Personnel Management National Administrative Asst. day programs in Chicago, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Columbus, Kansas City, and has served as a presenter at a variety of women’s focus programs through the government, hospital, community and corporate groups (USDA, NASA, TRW, Procter & Gamble, GE, Army, Air Force, Cleveland Clinic, Progressive, Invacare, Moen, etc.).
Course Fee & Payment Methods
Tuition for this workshop is $120.
- 50% scholarships are available for the first 20 participants who register. Scholarships are funded by the Wenk Family Charitable Foundation.
- Participants must attend both sessions.
- To register and pay for this workshop complete the Developing Social Capital for Women in Leadership portfolio form. Please note that in addition to this form you will need to register and submit payment. Alexandra Higl-Timms will be in touch with additional instructions about how to complete registration using CSU's Learning Stream website.
- Major credit cards accepted.
- If you prefer to receive an invoice and pay via corporate check contact Nina Antonik (email@example.com).
- If you are a CSU employee, you may be able to use faculty/staff development funds to pay for this workshop. Continuing Education Staff Development forms can be obtained from the CSU Human Resources Benefits Form page. Please send a copy of the completed form to Nina Antonik (UR 335, Levin College of Urban Affairs | firstname.lastname@example.org).
Refund to original payment is made at 100% when a registrant cancels attendance at least two business-days prior to the start of the first class. Alternatively, the registrant can choose to transfer paid tuition to a later, equivalent course of their choosing within the same college or school at no additional cost when giving a two business-day cancellation notice. Requests must be submitted to Nina Antonik (email@example.com). Click here for more information about Cleveland State Univerisity's refund policy.
Cleveland State University reserves the right to cancel a workshop and refund the workshop fee in the event that there are an insufficient number of registrants.
If you have general questions about this workshop please contact Alexandra E Higl-Timms (firstname.lastname@example.org). For questions about workshop registration and payment contact Nina Antonik (email@example.com).
The Levin College of Public Affairs and Education offers a wide range of custom designed courses, workshops, and seminars. See the Professional Development Course Listing for this semester's schedule.