Thanks for your interest in Public Management Academy 13. Due to an overwhelming response, registration for Public Management Academy 13 has closed. Please use this link to add yourself to the waitlist. When spots open up, those on the waitlist will be notified as soon as possible.
Course No: CLDCE2
Course Credit: 123 contact hours
Session Dates: Thursday, March 7, 2024 to Friday, February 7, 2025
Location/Venue: Virtual classes will be held via Zoom and asynchronous (self-paced) learning platforms. Cohort members will also participate in three program work sessions focused on project development. Participants will have the option of participating in these three sessions in person or over Zoom.
Flyer: 2024 Workshop Flyer
Schedule: 2024 Workshop Schedule
Course Fee: The standard fee is $2,750 (which includes 22 days of training and instructional materials).
Payment Methods: Major credit cards, corporate checks, and staff development funds welcome. Read more. »
Ohio Certified Public Manager® Program Certification: To receive this credential, participants must enroll in and successfully complete the Leadership Academy and Public Management Academy. Learn more. »
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING TO ENROLL FOR THIS WORKSHOP:
- Please complete this form to be added to our waiting list for PMA 13.
- If there are spots available we will contact you so you can complete registration using CSU's Learning Stream website.
The Public Management Academy (PMA) is a comprehensive management development certificate program for public managers. It professionalizes public managers as they learn and practice the management skills and tools they will need to meet the challenges of the 21st century. The Academy offers a one year series of customized workshops, creating a “public manager’s tool kit”.
- Education for Public Managers
- Collaboration across Communities
- Innovation through Project Results
Education for Public Managers
This program includes 22 workshops designed to enhance the skill sets and productivity of public sector employees. Each workshop provides tools and techniques that can be applied directly work functions and showcases best practices in the field.
Collaboration across Communities
PMA’s required project provides the framework for true collaboration. Participants demonstrate learning by developing and implementing projects that directly address agency and regional needs with measurable project results. Project teams will access Cleveland State University - Maxine Goodman Levin School of Urban Affairs’ resources, faculty, and students. Projects provide a valuable return on investments to the participating agencies.
Innovation through Project Results
Group projects will integrate learning objectives and provide innovative solutions to contemporary issues. The project methodology transforms the workplace into a real-life laboratory, integrating theory and practice. The project outcomes deliver return on the investment for both the sponsoring organization and participants. View Public Management Academy's projects.
Tuition for Public Management Academy is $2,750 per participant, which includes 22 days of training and instructional materials.
- To register and pay for this workshop complete our waiting list form for PMA 13. We will contact you if spots are available so you can complete registration on CSU's Learning Stream website.
- Major credit cards accepted.
- If you prefer to receive an invoice and pay via corporate check contact Nina Antonik (firstname.lastname@example.org). She will email the invoice to you. To register please use CSU's Learning Stream website.
- If you are a CSU employee, you may be able to use faculty/staff development funds to pay for this workshop. Continuing Education Staff Development forms can be obtained from the CSU Human Resources Benefits Form page by clicking on the form link. Please send a copy of the completed form to Nina Antonik (UR 335, Maxine Goodman Levin School of Urban Affairs | email@example.com). After that please complete registration using CSU's Learning Stream site.
Refund to original payment is made at 100% when a registrant cancels attendance at least two business-days prior to the start of the first class. Alternatively, the registrant can choose to transfer paid tuition to a later, equivalent course of their choosing within the same college or school at no additional cost when giving a two business-day cancellation notice. Requests must be submitted to Nina Antonik (firstname.lastname@example.org). Click here for more information about Cleveland State Univerisity's refund policy.
Cleveland State University reserves the right to cancel a workshop and refund the workshop fee in the event that there are an insufficient number of registrants.
The Maxine Goodman Levin School of Urban Affairs offers a wide range of custom designed courses, workshops, and seminars. See the Professional Development Course Listing for this semester's schedule.