This web page provides students with additional access to the information that comes into the Maxine Goodman Levin School of Urban Affairs. Current CSU students are encouraged to utilize Handshake, through the University’s Office of Career Services (https://www.csuohio.edu/career-development-exploration/career-development-exploration).
The Levin School receives internship announcements which may be of interest to Urban Affairs students. As announcements are received, they will be posted below. For more information about a particular position, please contact the associated organization directly. Older internship postings are archived and can be viewed here.
All internships are posted for informational purposes only and at the discretion of the Levin School. Postings may be denied or removed without notice. The School makes no guarantee as to the completeness / correctness of the information listed below.
Levin School students interested in taking UST 490/690 Urban Internship should complete this internship application and contact the Center for Public & Nonprofit Team at firstname.lastname@example.org / 216.687.9222.
If your organization has an internship you would like to have posted on this page, please complete the internship posting form.
- Reporting dilapidated structures and houses
- Maintenance of vacant lots
- Respond to a variety of constituent inquiries and issues
- Working with the general public in person or over the phone
- Light filing, mailing assistance, and print production
- Serve as a positive representative of the Cleveland City Council office both inside and outside of the office
- Analyze and update impervious area (IA) dataset to support the Regional Stormwater Management Program and other activities Perform data analysis, OA-QC and updates in accordance with billing procedures/guidelines. Performs data research to support QA-QC task including County Parcel Auditor sites and Billing Agent systems. Develop products (maps, data and reports) to document progress on QAIQC tasks.
2. Community Discharge Permit Program Support
- Intake notifications from SagesGov then review plan submittals for completeness, file information, upload to GIS, and assign the review to the correct reviewers.
3. GIS Administration Support
- Create and update web maps, applications, scripts, and datasets to support District data collection and maintenance needs.
- Follow procedures to archive completed project datasets from ArcGIS Online and document as needed.
- Provide metadata creation and updates as requested.
4. Other duties as assigned.
- Expanding the use of data analytics and GIS to promote development in the City in accordance with the Master Plan and Zoning Code and to assist stakeholders, citizen’s groups, and government officials in mapping City assets and opportunities for community-driven planning efforts;
- Working closely with other departmental and City staff to coordinate, strategize, and achieve development goals as outlined by the “Euclid Master Plan;”
- Provide assistance in short and long-term plans including the preparation of studies, reports, and recommendations to achieve the City’s goals for development;
- Assist with maintaining the database of the City’s Land Bank inventory.
- General office duties such as operating a fax/copy/scan machine
- Recording meeting minutes
- Preparing training rooms for meetings
- Distributing materials and compiling information to assist in preparation of reports
- Assist Deputy Registrar agencies on the required procedures surrounding their new hires
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor