The Women’s Leadership Series – Women Empowering Women – officially launched in October 2018 under the Center for Public & Nonprofit Management and Senator Grace L. Drake's Ohio Center for the Advancement of Women in Public Service. The series was created to engage and empower public & nonprofit sector leaders throughout Northeast Ohio, while promoting the concept of gender representation at all levels of leadership.
The theme – “Women Empowering Women” – hones in on the notion that women should support, empower, and mentor one another. The series’ programming is strategically designed to capitalize on this theme of empowerment within sectors where political pressures are at play, resources remain tight, and the competition to rise to executive leadership endures.
- Nonprofit Board Membership 101
- The Heroine’s Journey | How to Write Your Own Success Story
- From Surviving to Thriving: Increasing Your Work/Life Integration
- Diverse Team(s) Work! Respectfully Relating When Your Teammates Are Not Like You
- Boss of the Applesauce: How to Build a Professional Brand That’s Bigger Than Your Title
- Knowing Your Worth, Demonstrating Your Worth, and Using Your Worth to Advance Your Career
- Diversify Your Social Capital Portfolio
- Women’s Leadership Series' Share Your Story Program: Featuring Julie M. Stufft, Managing Director for Visa Services at the Department of State: Event | Video (Coming Soon)
- Women’s Leadership Series' Share Your Story Program: Featuring Linda Uveges, Chief Operating Officer at The City Mission and Abigail Uveges, New Horizons Program Manager at The City Mission: Event | Video
- Being the Leader of You
- LinkedIn workshop
- Share your Story Event feat. India L. Birdsong
- Diversity & Inclusion Event
- Navigating Transition: Embracing The Journey
- Speed Networking
- Courageous Conversations
- Holiday Networking Event
- Kick-Off & Carousel Brainstorming Event
- Developing Social Capital for Women in Leadership
- Getting Your Business Idea Out of Your Head - On Paper and On Its Feet
For more information about the series, please contact Alexandra Higl-Timms at email@example.com.
Shortly after the creation of the series, an advisory committee comprised of 15 female leaders in the public & nonprofit sectors was assembled to co-design upcoming programming with the Center’s staff. The members hold executive and management level positions at organizations including, but not limited to, The City Mission, Greater Cleveland Partnership, the City of Brooklyn, University Hospital, City Year, and the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority. On average, the committee meets once a month.
Wenk Family Charitable Foundation
Navigating Transition: Embracing The Journey
Speed Networking Event
Holiday Networking Event
Kick-Off & Carousel Brainstorming Event
Diversity & Inclusion