Working with the Community Learning Center
Before you begin working with your K-12 learner, you must first complete an FBI/BCI background check and complete the CSU Student Intake Form. If you have a current FBI/BCI background check (approved within the past calendar year), please ensure that a copy is on file with the Education Student Services Center. Next, you may view the tutoring training video, which provides important information on policies and procedures as well as guidelines for a successful tutoring experience. Finally, please complete the tutor quiz with 90% or better and send your score by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps for Tutors
- Complete the FBI/BCI Background Check; Information can be found here.
- Complete CMSD Volunteer Application (if applicable).
- Google Classroom (Password provided when course opens)
- Khan Academy
- Reading Rockets
- Read Write Think
- Annenberg Learner
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Site
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Edcuators
- A to Z Teacher Stuff
- The Reading Lady
- The Miss Rumphius Site
- The Dream Factory
- Super Duper Publications