Preparing to Job Search
OFS is here to support you as you plan & prepare for your job search! Below you will find a few steps to get started:
- RESUME: Send your resume and get feedback in 72 hours. Click to learn about the Resume Dropbox
- MOCK INTERVIEWS: Practice your Interview skills. To meet with a Peer Advisor, contact email@example.com or 216-687-2233
- RESEARCH: Get to know the Districts. Explore their websites, schedule a shadow day*, and attend Career Fairs.
- NETWORK: Attend as many Career Fairs as you can!! Practice networking and interviewing.
- APPLY: Visit the District's websites for direct access to open positions.
|Creating your HANDSHAKE PROFILE
|Getting Ready for a Virtual Career Fair in HANDSHAKE:
|Preparing for the CSU Career Fair on March 6, 2024
CSU Career Day is a campus-wide event that is held in the Student Center. Registration will be through Career Development & Exploration. To prepare for the fair, Click Here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR CSU GRADUATES:
How do I find job postings in Education?
- Contact Career Development & Exploration to get set up in Hire a Vike.
- Follow the College of Ed on Facebook and Twitter
- Go to the Explore and Network page on OFS's Website. Click the district/school to find open postions.
How do I apply for licensure after graduation?
- ESSC handles all licensure applications, contact Erica Miller Arpajian or view past licensure info session recordings.
How should I prepare for Career Events?
- All CSU students and graduates are welcome at all OFS planned Career Events.
- We encourage you to have your resume and cover letter ready in case a district would like you to email it to them. District Contact Sheets will be sent out prior to Career Day. Please dress for an interview and come prepared. See Career Services website below for reasources.
CAREER SERVICES: Click for resume, interview and networking resources
For an appointment, contact Karen Lieske, Assistant Director, Career Services, firstname.lastname@example.org