Please click on the IELP link below for information or email email@example.com. You can also call 216-875-9669 for an appointment or information.
The English as a Second Language (ESL) Program provides English instruction for individuals who need to improve their language skills. Students may take classes in
- The Intensive English Language Program (IELP) provides instruction in Academic English in non-credit courses to prepare students for the American college classroom.
- The Pathway courses are for undergraduate students. See course descriptions here.
- ESL Courses for the workplace or everyday English. Register for CE - ESL courses. Speaking and Pronunciation
CE ESL course descriptions. Fall 2023 Speaking and Pronunciation class begins Sept 5.
- ESL courses for graduate students include Communication skills for international teaching assistants (Currently scheduled for Mondays at 10:15, but may change) and Writing for Graduate Students Contact the director for a speaking test at firstname.lastname@example.org
For customized courses for the workplace or short-term ESL courses for groups, please contact the director, Michele Bowman at email@example.com or 216 875 9669.
We can customize special programs for small groups during the summer months (late May through early August). For these Special Programs, topics can integrate English Language Learning in the following areas:
- American Culture
- or A Topic of Your Choice
Planning for these short-term programs should begin by February. In addition to face-to-face and online coursework, there are a variety of activities that can be included related to your topics or cultural trips.
Dr. Michele S. Bowman-ESL Program Director
Mather Mansion Room 206
Cleveland State University
2605 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115